I lik writin, but 4get to do it mor often
Robert Pattinson, F.R.I.E.N.D.S - cant get enough of dem!!!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Along d Marine Drive...


I heard d waves thrashing against the giant wall, that separates d sea from d city. It’s a prominent feature, of d city I luv, Mumbai.

Guess I could say, Im crazy abt dis famous city of India. And d Marine Drive is 1 such place, which in spite of having frequented on various evenings, I can never get enough of. I remember seeing it for d first time, wen I was 13, on a trip to Mumbai, wid my parents. But fell in love with it, wen I started livin in Mumbai.




If u r feelin lonely, and just want company of some strangers, without any hassles of having to talk to anybody, its d place u can be. Hundreds of Mumbaikars visit this place every evening, either for a stroll with their loved ones, or for a quick jog to keep a check on d calories. With the recently renovated marble bank cum seating, it welcomes all. If u r lucky, u could also see d festive celebrations taking place, on some evenings of d year.

But d thing that I luv abt it d most, is d on-going music of the waves… It helps me to gather my thoughts, streamline my thinking & enables me to see new perspectives in life. Sometimes d calm waves, help me to settle my agitated self, with the fast paced life, where we often forget to live for ourselves. It helps me give importance to d valuable things in my life, realize that what we run aftr, might not really be our goal. That we focus our eyes on materialistic objects & leave behind, the human threads that once held us together, from within.

Also, I can calm myself wid d vision of d wide expanse of sea infront of me, no end to it, helps me to see the larger picture & overcome my sorrows. Understand that whatever is happening rite now, is only a very small part of d larger frame of Life. And also that, there is much more to see, a lot more to happen, so much more that exists, which we cant see with our naked human eyes, like there is something beyond our vision of the sea.

But wish u could visualize d heavenly sunset, that takes place on nearly every evening (except on cloudy ones). The changing colors of d sky, from light blue to darker shades of purple, till it actually goes dark grey over the skies in Mumbai. Even d sun changes shades from bright yellow, to light orange, as its brightness reduces & u can really see d entire circle at ur eye level, Den it slowly slides down d “other end of the sea”, till u can see it no more!

It’s a scenic beauty, which I wish to capture on canvas someday, as many others may already hv done.



I can sit there & gaze at d sea all evening, d vastness dat is spread infront of me, without having to really worry about d petty things that take place & picture d life, the way it shapes, wid every setting evening, that goes with a promise - to send a new sun next day!

2 comments:

DEBZZZ said...

OH MY GOD. Thank God u stopped. I was always facinated bout Mumbai but staying with u n knowning the city makes me restless. The way u speak bout this dream land pushes me more n more to luv it n asks me to live there n nnnnnjoy my life n to 4get pain..... Someday I'll be with you MUMBAI (city that never sleeps). Luvly post. God Bless

ABHI said...

Mumbai never fails to disappoint anyone. It is the heaven on earth for me and you and countless others. This blog will certainly help everyone in love with Mumbai to fall in love all over again.
Very well written, makes me wanna go to Marine Drive and stay there.
:-)