I lik writin, but 4get to do it mor often
Robert Pattinson, F.R.I.E.N.D.S - cant get enough of dem!!!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Famous Coffee Lovers

I luv coffee.
So here I'm sharing names of a few famous coffee lovers in the history.
Hope to make the list someday. Amen!


Johann Sebastian Bach has been so much devoted to coffee that even wrote an entire musical composition to praise this much beloved drink. The masterpiece is called the Coffee Cantata and contains the following lines about coffee - "If I can’t drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat".


Ludwig van Beethoven, another popular German musician has also been a great coffee lover. He was very scrupulous when brewing coffee and each time he prepared it, Beethoven counted out exactly 60 beans for his cup.





German's King Frederick the Great was also known for his coffee addiction, however he considered that a soldier drinking coffee is untrustworthy. This is why he ordered that the government employed a special detachment Kaffee Schnufflers whose duty was searching for illegal roasters and contrabandists.


Another not less famous figure drinking coffee is Pope Clement VIII who made great contribution to the coffee popularization among Christians by lifting the coffee ban.


Sir James Mackintosh, Scottish philosopher, jurist and politician didn’t stand back from coffee subject and uttered the popular phrase: “the powers of a man’s mind are directly proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks”.




The other famous French Voltaire, far-famed philosopher used to drink up to 50 cups a day. Once he has even paid his servant a double salary when he bought him coffee that Voltaire has run out of. This great man said his servant helped him avoid death.


Benjamin Franklin. One of the Founding Fathers of the United States. A leading author, printer, satirist, political theorist, politician, scientist, inventor and diplomat. Benjamin Franklin had high standards for his coffee, "If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." Another quote from Benjamin Franklin: "Among the numerous luxuries of the table...coffee may be considered as one of the most valuable. It excites cheerfulness without intoxication; and the pleasing flow of spirits which it occasions...is never followed by sadness, languor or debility."


Johann Sebastian Bach. Famous 18th Century composer, harpsichordist, violist and violinist. Renowned for ecclesiastical and secular works for choir, orchestra and solo renditions. Bach liked coffee so much he immortalized it in his "Coffee Cantata" by writing for this musical piece "How sweet coffee tastes! Lovelier than a thousand kisses, sweeter than Muscatel wine!" and he also wrote" Without my morning coffee, I'm just like a dried up piece of roast goat."

Alexander Pope. 18th Century English poet, satirist, who said about coffee,"Coffee, which makes the politician wise, and see through all things with his half-shut eyes."





Napoleon Bonaparte, this self declared emperor and multiple-value personality has also been fond of coffee: “Strong coffee, much strong coffee, is what awakens me. Coffee gives me warmth, waking, an unusual force and a pain that is not without very great pleasure.” If Napoleon weren’t send to the St. Helena’s island, we could never know about this place and the great coffee they grow there which is much appreciated all over the world.


Jean Jacques Rousseau. Philosopher, writer and composer of the 18Th century enlightenment age. Rousseau said about coffee, "Ah, that is a perfume in which I delight; when they roast coffee near my house, I hasten to open the door to take in all the aroma."


Thomas Stearns Eliot, also known as T.S. Eliot. Anglo-American poet, playwright, literary poet and critic. T.S. Eliot said, "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons!"


Clark Gable. American film actor nicknamed "The King of Hollywood"in his heyday who said, "I never laugh until I've had my coffee."





David Letterman. American TV host and comedian who said about coffee,"Way too much coffee. But if it weren't for the coffee, I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever."


Bill Cosby. American comedian, actor, author, television producer, educator, musician, who said, "Like everyone else who makes the mistake of getting older, I begin each day with coffee and obituaries."

Barbara Streisand. American singer, actress, director and songwriter who said, "Why don't you have a cup of coffee at least? I, um, I'm a little low in sugar and I don't have any cream, but it's real coffee." 





Some cool links to find more about coffee:
http://www.surfersam.com/articles/coffee-and-espresso.htm
http://sialexis.blogspot.com/2010/12/fun-facts-for-coffee-lovers.html

Source:
http://www.squidoo.com/TheGourmetCoffeeGuy

2 comments:

ABHI said...

Hey dear... It's a great platform for me to improve my awareness about coffee. I am sure all the information would be new for you also... Great going... Love you..

ABHI said...

great posts... wanna have a coffee with you all my life...